The first task is to make sure that the .ovpn file is copied to your Android SD card folder.
1. Once you get the email with the the .ovpn attachment on your mobile, tab on it to download and then tap on SAVE. The file will be saved to your Downloads folder.
2. Run the Downloads app to see the file, tab and hold to select, then tap the three vertical dots and select 'Copy to..'
3. tap on the three horizontal lines on the upper left corner to select SD Card and tap on 'Copy'. The .ovpn file should now be visible in the SD card folder.
4. Go to the Google Play App store.
5. Tap on the search button in the App store.
6. Search for the app called OpenVPN Connect.
7. Install the application into your device.
8. Accept to the pop-out terms.
9. Open the application.
10. Tap on the menu button on the top-right screen in the application.
11. Tap on Import in the dropdown.
12. Choose Import profile from SD card and find the downloaded configuration .ovpn file
13. Tap on the .ovpn configuration file and import it.
14. Accept the profile.
15. Tap on Connect.
You have successfully connected. To disconnect from the server tap on Disconnect button.