The following article will get your Microsoft Exchange 2010 mailbox setup with your Outlook 2007 email client. Let's take a look at the following steps below to get you going:
1. Click the Windows Start button, select Control Panel, then select the Mail icon.
Note: Depending on what version of Windows you're running, you may need to switch to Classic View to find the Mail icon or it may state 32-Bit.
2. Select the Show Profiles button, click the Add button and enter in a name for this profile and select the OK button.
3. Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, click the Next button.
4. Select the Microsoft Exchange option and click the Next button.
5. Enter in "outlook" in the Microsoft Exchange server address field and select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box. In the User Name box, enter in your entire email address and then select "More Settings."
6. Next, select the Connection tab and select the Connect to Microsoft Exchangeusing HTTP check box. Select the Exchange Proxy Settings button, enter in the Proxy Server address from the Outlook 2010 setup guide.
7. Next, enter in "connect.emailsrvr.com" in the Proxy Server address. Select both the On fast networks and On slow networks check boxes and under Proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication.
8. Click Ok, Apply, Ok again, then select the Check Name box in the Connect window, enter in the Password and select the OK button.
Note: You may receive a pop-up asking you to select your mailbox from a list. Select your mailbox and click the OK button.
9. Your name will then be highlighted and a line will appear under the username field which indicates your profile has been configured. Select Next, finish, and open up Outlook.