In the Unix / Linux file system, hidden files are preceded by a '.' (such as .htaccess, .htpasswd). Fileman and many FTP applications do not display "hidden" files by default.
Here are instructions to display hidden files in Fileman and popular FTP applications:
1. Click the "Options" icon, and navigate to View -> Show Hidden Files.
2. Disconnect/reconnect to your server and the files should be visible.
Dreamweaver (CS4 and later)
1. Click the "Options" icon, and navigate to View > Show Hidden Files.
2. The "Files" tab will be in a tab group with a small arrow icon to the far right--click on this arrow, and a context menu will appear.
3. Choose View -> Show Hidden Files.
4. Disconnect/reconnect to your server and the files should be visible.
1. Open Preferences
2. Click on 'Misc'
3. Click on the 'Obscure Options'
4. Check the 'Send LIST -al to UNIX servers'
1. Click on the Prefs button on the Tool menu at the top of the screen
2. Check the box next to 'Show Hidden Files?'
3. Press the 'Save' button
1. Start FileZilla then select the "View" menu at the top
2. Select "Show Hidden Files"
1. Start FileZilla then select the "Server" menu at the top
2. Select "Force showing Hidden Files"
1. Open the server directory in FTP
2. Right click in the file listing window.
3. Select Directory Commands\List Mode\Advanced
4. Refresh the list view, hidden files should now be visible
1. Select Favorites > Edit Favorites from the SmartFTP menu. The SmartFTP Favorites window appears.
2. From the SmartFTP Favorites window select the Favorite of interest. Right click on the Favorite and select Properties. The Properties dialog appears.
3. Under the FTP option select Transfer.
4. From the Transfer tab under Directory Listing Options enable the options "[-a] Show All Files" & "[-L] Resolve Links".
1. Open WS_FTP, click "Connect", then select the site you wish to modify and right-click on the site name
2. Click "Properties"
3. Select the "Startup" tab
4. Enter -a in the Remote File Mask box, then click "OK" to confirm
Step 1: Go to Sitemanager.
Step 2: Choose the connection and click edit.
Step 3: Make sure filters is checked.
Step 4: Press the filter button towards the bottom.
Step 5: Check [Enable remote filters (Server applied filter)
Step 6: In the box below add -al
Step 7: Hit apply, now log in with that connection.
Step 1: Open the Preferences.
Step 2: Click on 'Files' in the Toolbar.
Step 3: Check the box that says 'Show all Hidden Files."
Step 1: Select a profile in the FTP Site Profile Manager.
Step 2: Click on the 'Advanced' button.
Step 3: Select the category 'Connection'.
Step 4: Enter "-la" in the Extra LIST Parameter.
Step 1: Right click on the connection before logging on.
Step 2: Select "properties".
Step 3: Select Category > Options > FTP.
Step 4: On this screen you shall see a box that says "Directory Listing Options". Select the option "All entries", then log in.
Step 1: Run Leech FTP
Step 2: Select "File", "Options"
Step 3: Select "Transfers" tab
Step 4: In the "List Command" box enter "LIST-a" (no quotes)
Step 5: Click "Accept"
Step 6: Log in and view directory, all is well.