PracticalHost Directory Sync allows PracticalHost Hosted Email customers to sync their local ADobjects and user passwords with our Hosted Email cloud in real time. What does this mean for your organisation?
- Same Sign-on: Users enjoy remembering only one password for their local network access and their email accounts for an Same Sign On experience.
- Ease of Management: IT administrators benefit by adding and managing mail enabled objects directly in their Active Directory from a familiar Microsoft AD UI.
- Save time: For many larger organisations, Directory Sync service can save considerable effort and time when on-boarding new employees and managing password policies.
- Business Automation: Practicalhost Directory Sync is built to utilize Practicalhost Email cloud’s public REST APIs which makes automating business processes or preserving them simple.
- Secure: All data exchanged is SSL encrypted, and sync is one-way only.
- Cost effective: Directory Sync is available at no additional cost.
Directory Sync supports syncing of the following AD objects:
- Active Directory Users' mailboxes
- Active Directory User passwords for Same Sign-On
- Active Directory Contacts (for Hosted Exchange)
- Distribution Groups (for Hosted Exchange)
Supported PracticalHost Email platforms:
- Hosted Exchange 2013 / 2016
- Hosted Exchange Hybrid
Supported AD Server platforms: Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012.
Directory Sync does not support Windows Server 2003.